Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County

Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum is a social network

I am just finishing building a 42' raised garden in the backyard, and need to fill it with about 10 yards of some premium organic soil.  Does anyone know of a quality and reputable source?

At our last house I also built a raised garden, and simply had 9 yards of the 'sandy loam' from Pioneer delivered.  It was lousy soil, and the vegetable garden yield was pretty pathetic.  This time around if I'm going to pour my heart, soul, and sweat into my garden, I want to make sure I only fill it with the best soil!

I know that Singh Farms sells it by the bag, but not sure by the truckload.  I've also been in touch with a couple outfits on Craigslist that claim to sell a 'premium organic mix' claiming to contain worm castings and guano and other good stuff, but I have no idea how reputable these guys are.  Prices seem to range between $65/yard up-to well over $100/yard.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3/17/2016:  I got a great referral from Greg Peterson (www.UrbanFarm.org):  "Always get the Premium Potting Soil from Western Organics.  Best stuff I have found.  602-269-5757 - Tell them Greg Peterson sent you.  It runs around $33 a yard and is great quality."

Views: 16771

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always get the Premium Potting Soil from Western Organics.  Best stuff I have found.  602-269-5757 - Tell them I sent you.  It runs around $33 a yard and is great quality.

Great - thanks Greg!  We are building a community garden at the company I work at in Tempe, with 10 raised beds (12' x 4' ea).  We'll give Western Organics a call to fill the beds.

RSS

© 2017   Created by MCFSC Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service