Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County

Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum is a social network

Good day! I am a beekeeper with 4 hives in the North Valley looking for a location this spring with ample citrus.  If you have a large lot with lots and lots of citrus of any kind, and are interesting in maximizing your crop, I would love to hear from you.  Assuming I get honey from this, which is the goal, I will gladly give you a half gallon Ball jar (about 6 lbs) for the use of your groves.  I am not asking for payment for pollination services, like most beekeepers.  Please let me know if you are interested.  Thank you!

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't have a lot of citrus.  I am a amateur beekeeper who had to get rid of her bees while living in Glendale.  So I am now living on a Maricopa County land near Old Buckeye.  Do you know someone who would like to sell a hive?   Sharan Hoyle 602-791-8194

Hi Sharan.  I personally don't but you could reach out to azbeekeepers.org to see if any of the older beekeepers who are no longer physically able to maintain hives would be willing to sell a hive, or at least sell a split.  I got started with splits and a whole hive thinking it would be better for me, and it turns out the packaged bees I ordered are my best and fastest growing hive.  Also, if you go to westernbee.com, you can order inexpensive hive parts that will ship free if you order enough.  I hope that helps.  Happy Beekeeping!

RSS

© 2017   Created by MCFSC Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service