Please see the job description below for a part-time, temporary garden specialist. Please forward this information to anyone you know might be interested. This is a contracted position through ACRO. The interested party can contact Connie directly for more information. Email her or call her at 602-506-9337.
Job Title: Garden Educator Specialist
Pay: $17.50 per hour
Hours: .50 FTE (20 hours/week) for 24 weeks. (October 24, 2016 through April 30, 2017). Subject to change based on needs of program.
* Track garden-related activities using database.
* Assist Food Systems Coordinator / Early Care Supervisor/Education Supervisor to identify garden needs for individual sites.
* Coordinate supply orders and deliveries.
* Assist with installation / preparation of garden sites.
* Attend planting and harvesting events as requested.
* Provide follow-up and assist with problem-solving garden-related issues at sites.
* Assist with garden-based nutrition education.
* Travel throughout Maricopa County.
* 1 year gardening experience
* 1 year experience providing technical assistance to community, school, and or early care garden initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of gardening, especially low-desert gardening. Skills using Microsoft Office. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to pass a background check and acquire fingerprint clearance. Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to work on the weekends.