Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County

Maricopa County Food Systems Coalition Forum is a social network

All about Gardens, Farms, Turf, Yards (Permaculture Zones 1-5) (2,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

December Gardening Tips - Sowing, Planting and a Recipe

Hi Folks, I just posted my monthly planting tips. For the full post click here. If you have never used "green garlic" (I like to call th…

Started by Catherine, The Herb Lady

0 Nov 18, 2016

chemical pest control and chickens

I have 7 backyard chickens. I was considering getting my backyard sprayed for mosquitoes. (Pregnant and preventing Zika). Anyone know of so…

Started by Joanna Benton

0 Nov 7, 2016

November Planting Tips

Hi Folks, I did a lengthy blog post on November Planting, plus 2 soup recipes to use end of summer / fall herbs greens and more. November…

0 Oct 18, 2016

Podcast on growing and using Herbs with Greg Peterson and Catherine, The Herb Lady

Hi Folks, I am pleased to share a podcast with you. Greg Peterson of Urban Farm interviewed me on the subject of herbs (of course) and we…

0 Sep 16, 2016

October Planting Tips

Hi Folks, Thyme :-)  for my monthly planting tips for October. October PLANTING:Spring!!! in the Desert - Heavy planting possibilities:An…

0 Sep 16, 2016

The Caper Caper Mystery - SOLVED!

Hi Folks, A while back I posted that I was in an experiment to get caper seeds to germinate - an experiment that turned out to be a seriou…

8 Sep 6, 2016
Reply by Catherine, The Herb Lady

September Planting Tips 2016 - Using "Collars" and "Hats"

Dear Folks, I have to use a link to my external blog post for this month's tips - I had the worst time formatting stuff today on my comput…

7 Aug 26, 2016
Reply by Catherine, The Herb Lady

Growing Asparagus?

Hi All, I think I'd like to plant asparagus in my garden this year. I have to admit I've been scared off it in the past. Have many of you h…

Started by Claudette Hobbart

0 Aug 21, 2016

Local Source for Worm Castings?

Hey Everyone, Is anyone locally producing/selling worm castings? I'm about to buy a 30lb bag of Unco castings from Amazon, but thought I'd…

Started by Charles Lucking

3 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Charles Lucking

August Planting Tips and More 2016

Hi Folks, Here is my monthly planting chart for SOWING (not transplanting) for August. I posted a lot of extra information on my blog, in…

7 Aug 10, 2016
Reply by Liz & Dan

RSS

© 2017   Created by MCFSC Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service